Thursday, March 04, 2010

Things learned so far!

So life in Flores, Guatemala has been fairly unadventurous so far due to sickness amongst us all. But I think we are finally starting to pull out. Craig and I are a lot better and Isaac and Josiah are on antibiotics for ear infections but also still have incredible amounts of snot pouring out theie noses and a cough that just screams germs. So with the little venturing out I have done so far I will tell you some interesting things we have learned so far.
1. It is always noisy here. Music is always playing. It oesn't help that we live next to a studio for a band and the next door down is a music school. Starting at 8am are singing, trumpets, and drums. In the afternoons the kids are always playing all assortments of instuments. And because of the warm tropical weather everything i open air and windows are all open to help it be even louder. Even the people delivering gas or food drive down the street with megaphones letting people know they are there to buy stuff.
2.We live in the center of a very small island, probably only about 8 blocks in diameter. So it doesn't take long to walk around the island.
3. An exciting find was an ice cream shop only 2 doors down. For 8 Q's (a little over a dollar) I can get a waffle cone with 2 scoops of ice cream. As the weather heats up this could be a dangerous thing. Ice cream every day.
4. 2 Blocks away is a store that makes fresh bread daily and if you go at 3-4 in the afternoon it is hot and delicious.
5.There are no road rules. People drive crazy here.
I am sure there is more than that to share but for now my brain is too tired. So that is all until next time.Pray that next report we will be able to share that we are all healthy and strong.

1 comment:

Keith and Kelly said...

I keep looking for another update. You must be keeping busy. I'm glad you found ice cream, but am sure the noisiness has gotten really old already. I hope you quickly learn to tune it out. :)