Friday, March 12, 2010

Progress

Today I had a confidence boosting experience. The water delivery guy came to the house this morning and delivered our bottled water. I was home alone with the kids so I spoke to him in Spanish and he understood what I was saying. Then he looked at Isaac and asked me if he spoke Spanish. I said no, but the best part was that he didn't question my ability to speak Spanish. Granted the conversation was simple words, but I was happy! Later we were on a walk and a guy was trying to sell us some sort of food that he was carrying around in a 5 gallon bucket. I am not sure what the food was but I was able to have a simple conversation, generally understanding what he was saying and letting him know that I didn't want any. Then we talked for a second about the kids. Again, I know it may seem simple but I am excited for small progress.

2 comments:

Keith and Kelly said...

That's really impressive Jennifer! How is Craig doing with the language barrier as he works with the guys? :)

Danette Ann said...

That's so awesome! It's the little things that will make you happy. :D